In today’s fast society, we expect everything to be at our fingertips. When we conduct a search, we are subconsciously demanding that Google provides us with the most relevant, beneficial and high quality results, therefore we do not feel the need to continue to scroll through the pages. Simply put, if you’re dealership is not ranking on page 1 of Google, there’s a good chance your customers will not find you or do business with you.
Here’s why you need a strategic Search Engine Optimization strategy for your dealership
This strategy is a crucial part of your dealership’s overall digital marketing strategy because it provides a competitive advantage over the competition. While you can certainly buy up more and more air time or spend thousands of email blasts to email addresses you’ve collected along the years, all you’re really doing is reaching a broad audience in hopes of finding buyers in the market for a new car. While these tactics can bear some weight on your overall sales goals, traditional advertising blasted out to the public, is simply too easy to ignore.
Utilizing an automotive SEO strategy means these tried and true methods are designed specifically for your dealership and will increase the likelihood that you will be found by consumers who are in the market for a new or used vehicle by targeting the keywords used throughout the buying process.
Here’s an example; after weeding through endless keywords, we’ve finally concluded that “oil change services in Malvern, PA” has a high user search volume and low competition. Perfect! Let’s start optimizing for that. We filter that keyword in the copy listed on one of your Service pages and maybe even create some new content around the topic of oil changes. Now, when a consumer conducts a search for oil changes in this area, the likelihood of your dealership appearing in the results pages is extremely high, and the likelihood of that consumer contacting you for business, is even greater. What you just did was solved a pain point for your customers by providing useful and valuable content that helped them decide where to take their vehicle in for service. A traditional advertising tactic, like a TV commercial, would have hit the homes of thousands, much of which may not even be interested in hearing what you have to say.
Now, let’s look at 5 ways you can increase your rank to help you get found, drive traffic to your website and sell more cars.
- Make sure you have a focused local presence. Your title tags, meta descriptions, image alt text and body content should all contain geo-targeted keywords to increase your chances of being found by relevant and qualified users. You should also make sure your website has a search bar for easy navigation, as well as social sharing plugins.
- Reach out to your community for sponsorship opportunities, community involvement and to get listed in local directories. Equally important, creating blog posts that highlight local businesses unrelated to yours is a great way to get featured in their advertising efforts and increase your brand awareness.
- Conduct keyword research and find quality automotive keywords, vehicle questions and long tail keyword phrases that will drive targeted traffic. Once you’ve narrowed down your words, you need to start creating high value content around them.
- If you haven’t already, you need to claim your business on Google My Business. This is a fast and easy way for your dealership to manage its online presence with Google. A Google My Business page that contains the right information about your business can have a positive impact not only on your organic traffic, but can make your business easier to find for individuals to view your inventory.
- Make your website mobile-friendly! Mobile devices are completely changing the way consumers conduct a search on the Internet. This is especially true for location-based search queries, like searching for the closest car dealership. Interested car buyers typically like to research before heading into the dealership, especially from their mobile devices. A mobile-friendly website will help you stand out from the competition and make it easy for users to find the information they are looking for.
A solid automotive SEO strategy is essential to dealership survival. While these 5 tips are extremely crucial to your overall success, they are only the tip of the iceberg to getting started with achieving organic traffic and selling more cars. At FullTrottle, automotive SEO is among our expertise and in this digital age of marketing, we know what it takes to push our local car dealership clients into the future. If your dealership is struggling to increase website traffic, or you’re simply looking to try a new marketing outlet, an automotive SEO strategy presents a grand window of opportunity that you can take advantage of. If you have any questions, or would like to learn more about automotive SEO strategies, feel free to contact us today!
Until Next Time,
– Amanda Nickels is a Content Strategist at FullThrottle